Many of us invest in expensive skincare products and luxurious body treatments to keep our skin looking its best. However, as cliché as it sounds – beauty does begin from within. Living a healthy lifestyle by learning how to detox will help improve our skin visibly. And better still, we can detox naturally by making some minor adjustments to our diet.
Why do we need to detox?
Our body gets exposed to a vast number of chemicals as we carry on with our daily activities. These harsh chemicals may be acquired through environmental pollution or through the food we intake. Exposure to these nasties is normal and inevitable, so the only way to neutralize these harmful toxins is to do some internal cleansing. While our body has natural detoxifiers such as the liver and kidneys, doing our part by incorporating natural detoxing habits in our everyday routine should make their jobs thrice easier.
Regular detoxes will help eliminate the harmful toxins that accumulates inside our body. Detoxing not only improves the function of our internal organs, it also helps improve the appearance of our skin. A build-up of toxins can causes dullness, blemishes, premature wrinkles and skin discolorations.
Healthier body, healthier mind and well-being
Natural detoxing brings fantastic benefits not only to your skin but also to your body and whole well-being. Did you know that the massive build-up of toxins in our body greatly contributes to stress and uneasiness? If you feel like you get a bit more anxious and worn-out than usual, you may want to consider going for a weekly natural detox. It’s a great way to refocus and rebalance your mind and body!
Is it super expensive to detox?
There’s no need to spend lots of money just to provide yourself with proper detox. In fact, it can be done by making some small adjustments to your diet. Water helps flush out toxins easily so increasing your daily intake should help enormously. In addition, there are a number of other ways to optimize the detoxification process – adding fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants in your daily diet and drinking herbal teas are just two of the most common ones.
Best herbal teas for detoxing
Herbal teas are a quick and inexpensive way to incorporate some natural detoxing into your day to day. In many Asian countries, drinking herbal teas is like drinking water. Try mixing your water intake with a couple cups of tea each day. Not only do herbal teas have amazing antioxidant properties but some of the fragrances are simply delicious. Put your feet up, relax and enjoy a cuppa. Here are some of our favourite tea time detoxes!
- Green Tea – there’s a very good reason why Green tea is quite popular in many skincare products in the market. It is naturally high in antioxidants which helps reduce wrinkles and fight sun damage. It features natural polyphenols that help the liver carry out its natural detoxification process efficiently.
- Ginger Tea – ginger is known to be a natural antibiotic. With its amazing anti-inflammatory agents, ginger tea effectively helps improve digestion. By keeping your digestive system perfectly functional, it deeply cleanses your body to free it from harsh chemicals.
- Oolong Tea – this tea is very common in China and it’s often consumed for is natural healing properties. It has antioxidants and caffeine that both work in complete synergy to free the body from toxins. There’s also substantial evidence that shows how Oolong tea visible brightens up the skin.
- Peppermint Tea – just like Ginger tea, Peppermint also has exceptional benefits to help speed up digestion. It promotes faster cell turnover to allow the skin to produce a healthier skin layer.
- Chamomile Tea – this mind-soothing tea also aids in the body’s natural detox process by letting your body get a sound sleep. Getting proper sleep is vital in cell regeneration, after all!
If you have any other natural detox tips or a favourite tea you want to share, we’ll love to hear from you!