DRY SKIN PRODUCTS
Dry skin is a very common skin type which is characterised by flaky (sometimes itchy) skin, fine scaly lines and in some more severe cases, cracked split skin. Factors such as temperature, humidity can affect the amount of water we retain within the skin. Use of harsh soaps and cleansers and frequent handwashing can also contribute to dehydration and loss of moisture in the skin. When skin becomes too dry, it may be prone to rash and cracked skin.
So how do you prevent dry skin? For those that are born with naturally dry skin, frequent and regular applications of moisturisers and creams can help relieve temporarily relieve dry skin not cure it. If severe dry skin is left untreated, it can result in dermatitis, bacterial infections and skin thickening. Fortunately for most people dry skin is usually mild and caused by external factors such as temperature and humidity, over cleansing or using harsh cleansers that over dry the skin.
At Kind to Kin we offer a wide range of skincare products for dry and sensitive skin. And as you know dry skin is not all the same, there are varying degrees of dryness. When you have excessive super dry skin, it feels like nothing can satisfy the quench of your skin. At Kind to Kin we continually search for different types of products that specially formulated for dry skin. Our range of dry skin products includes the best selection of nourishing oil serums; pure plant-based oils; oil-based facial cleansers for dry skin; rich creamy day and night moisturisers for face, hand and body; intensive super nourishing balms; soothing ultra-rich body butters; hydrating makeup wipes; micellar water; and facial masks.
The best moisturiser for dry skin will contain a higher concentration of oil to replenish the skin’s protective barrier. We love mild gentle formulations with fewer ingredients and oil-based cleansers for dry skin as they remove dirt & grime without stripping the good oils from your skin. Protecting your skin’s natural barrier is the most important thing you can do for dry skin. In addition, you can also make some minor changes to your skincare routine and life style to help alleviate dryness and give back that much needed hydration.
- Don’t over-cleanse your skin. This is one of the most common causes of super dry skin. Maybe limit to cleansing your face to once per day in the evening instead morning and night.
- Excessive exposure to hot water can leave your sensitive skin feeling irritated and inflamed. Instead opt for shorter cooler showers and resist rubbing skin when drying off.
- Keep your exfoliating regime to no more than twice a week and even less frequent if you have dry and sensitive skin. After exfoliating it helps to replenish the moisture from your skin using a hydrating lotion to stop it from over drying
- Change up your moisturiser during the cooler months when skin becomes drier. Replace your lightweight summer lotions for an extra thick moisturiser that contains high amounts of oil to form a barrier to prevent moisture from evaporating more quickly during the winter months.
- And lastly, make sure your body is properly nourished and hydrated. Drink plenty of water daily and have a diet of fresh food rich in healthy fats, omega-3 and omega-6 oils. This will ensure you look after your body both inside and out.