PROTECTING MATURE SKIN
As we age, our skin loses elasticity and becomes finer, more transparent and uneven in consistency. We may start seeing signs of sun spots, blemishes, fine lines and wrinkles. It’s an inevitable part of the aging process and 100% natural. With the getting of wisdom we may also find that our skin becomes drier and more sensitive and the regeneration and healing process starts to slow down as we get older.
With mature skin, the focus of skincare is to continually hydrate and nourish to prevent premature aging. Early prevention is the best remedy and if you do not have a daily skincare routine, it’s never too late to start some basic good skin care practises. Here are some of our tips:
- Wash and cleanse your skin with a gentle product and avoid harsh products. A cream-based cleanser is great for mature skin. Exfoliate your skin regularly (at least weekly) to ensure dead skin cells are removed to allow your new skin to glow.
- Moisturise daily and during cooler winters, reapply your product a few times during the day. Intensive hydration with a rich cream will help protect your skin from moisture loss and keeps the skin moisturised. Remember to not only apply moisturiser to your face but also to your neck and your décolletage And look for products that are specifically formulated for mature skin. Your skin in your 20’s will not be the same as your skin in your 40’s or 50’s. Embrace the change!
- Try a face serum or facial oil as part of your daily skincare routine. Put this closest to your skin to get the most out of the product. You can apply another layer of moisturiser on top if you need the extra hydration. If you haven’t used a serum before, it’s never too late to start. Make friends with these new products and your skin will thank you for it.
- Use a targeted eye cream to reduce fine lines from under the eye and to reduce puffiness. The skin under your eye is delicate and needs some extra TLC.
- Don’t forget to apply a night cream before bed. This will keep your skin hydrated during the cool evenings. Your skin will feel hydrated and refreshed when you wake in the morning.
- Be sun safe and protect your face. Apply sunscreen daily and ensure that you apply it to your décolletage. Often people tend to focus on the face and leave the neck and upper part of the chest exposed. Signs of ageing is obvious on the necks so it’s best to keep this area protected.
- And lastly ensure you look after your body both inside and out. This means a healthy balanced diet and lots of water to hydrate the skin. Feed your body properly and your skin will be nourished as well.
Check out our selection of natural skincare formulations to help revitalise and rejuvenate mature skin for long lasting hydration. Our range includes pure facial oils, serums, nourishing moisturisers and super hydrating creams and lotions to ease fine lines, that protect and nourish skin.